Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cougarmock

Best ballot software for Invitationals Empty Best ballot software for Invitationals

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:33 pm
Hello, I've run an invitational since 1999. This year is our first year for virtual. What's the best ballot software available? You are welcome to post here or email me at brlangford@ccis.edu

captainbowtie
captainbowtie

Best ballot software for Invitationals Empty Re: Best ballot software for Invitationals

Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:31 pm
I'm rather biased, but I think the best software is the application I wrote to tabulate for UMNUMB and the Calkins Invitational. It has since been used by a couple other schools for their tournaments with success, and I think it's fairly intuitive to use. (Admittedly, installing it on a server is not intuitive, but I am happy to help with this step, and once installed the rest is fairly straightforward.) Prior to the tournament, you put in all the teams attending, all your judges, and create accounts for teams to login to check their ballots. Then the day of the tournament, you can put in team pairings and judge assignments. Teams fill out a captains form before each round that populates the ballots with who is doing what role for individual awards. Each ballot has a unique URL that you share only with the judge that allows the judge to put in scores and comments.

The software is free to use, and can be downloaded from https://github.com/captainbowtie/Tabulation-Web-Application

Last edited by captainbowtie on Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Period in URL was resulting in 404 error)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum