Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TheRealMockProdigy

Open Bid Watch Empty Open Bid Watch

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Two weekends of regionals are now in the books, and there are currently a total of 10 open bids. Here is a look at what additional open bids can be created this weekend. If there are any I missed, please let me know.
Here are the teams that can create an open bid on their own:
3-A: Illinois B and Florida D can each create 1 open bid.
3-B: Illinois D and Florida C can each create 1 open bid.
3-C: Patrick Henry D and Tufts A can each create 1 open bid.
3-D: Patrick Henry B and Berkeley C can each create 1 open bid.
3-E: Nebraska A and South Carolina A can each create 1 open bid.
3-F: Northwestern B and South Carolina D can each create 1 open bid.
3-G: No team can create an open bid here.
3-H: Northwestern C, Duke C, and Berkeley B can each create 1 open bid.

Here are the teams that can create an open bid in combination with other results:
American can create 1 open bid if their A and C bid out of 3-C and 3-D. Maryland can create 1 open bid if their B and D bid out of 3-C and 3-D. Rhodes can create 1 open bid if their B and C bid out of 3-F and 3-C. Penn State can create 1 open bid if their A and C bid out of 3-H and 3-F. SLU can create 1 open bid if their B and C bid out of 3-G and 3-F. Brown can create 1 open bid if their B and C bid out of 3-G and 3-F. Liberty can create 1 bid if their A and B bid out of 3-H and 3-G.

By my count, there are 22 potential open bids that can be created next weekend.

adamsel, sevenohtwo and MockforLife like this post

Mock4Life310

Open Bid Watch Empty Re: Open Bid Watch

Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:27 pm
Estimate on a Week 3 Analysis?
TheRealMockProdigy

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
I think you have me confused with MockAnalysisIsMyDrug -- I'm a different person.

mt8 likes this post

Mock4Life310

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:51 pm
My mistake
bbsmooth15

Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:10 pm
can you explain how open bids work? how they can be created? how a particular team can create one versus why a team cannot create one? what does an open bid mean?
adamsel

Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:14 pm
There are 32 regionals each giving out 6 bids (192 total bids). Open bids are given in 3 ways 1. Any of the 32 regionals has lower than 20 teams. Then only 5 bids are given and one becomes open 2. A school earns more than 2 bids, a school can only send two teams to ORCS so if a school earns three bids, then one becomes open 3. A team drops out of ORCS or declines their bid. Teams are given open bids based off a number of things described in the link below. So far there are 7 open bids due to regionals having 18 or 19 teams and there are three open bids from Florida, Patrick Henry and Washington St. Louis who all earned three bids so far. https://www.collegemocktrial.org/tournaments-/opening-round-championship-/orcs-open-bid-list/?fbclid=IwAR3kH78pIMP-cZD8fbPWYaY7C-4mYltUw3kBisvKeh-YxmcvkMnuCC30jw8

TheRealMockProdigy, MockforLife and bbsmooth15 like this post

TheRealMockProdigy

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:07 am
This weekend saw 11 open bids created. Florida D, Florida C, Patrick Henry D, Tufts A, Berkeley C, Nebraska A, South Carolina A, South Carolina D, and Northwestern C created 9 open bids combined. SLU B and C getting out created an additional open bid. Additionally, some teams moving around meant that regional 3-F dropped below 20 teams, creating the 11th open bid. That means that going into the final weekend of regionals, there are a total of 21 open bids.

Here are the teams that can create an open bid on their own next weekend:
4-A: Texas C and UCLA D can create 1 open bid each.
4-B: No team can create an open bid here
4-C: No team can create an open bid here.
4-D: Wesleyan A can create 1 open bid
4-E: Chicago A and Ohio State C can create 1 open bid each.
4-F: Chicago B, UCLA C, and Missouri B can create 1 open bid each.
4-G: UCLA B and Georgia D can create 1 open bid each.
4-H: Georgia A can create 1 open bid

Here are the teams that can create an open bid in combination with other results:
MIT can create 1 open bid if their B and C bid out of 4-A and 4-B. Alabama can create 1 open bid if their A and D bid out of 4-A and 4-B. Howard can create an open bid if their A and C bid out of 4-C and 4-B. Notre Dame can create 1 open bid if their B and C bid out of 4-D and 4-A. UC Irvine can create 1 open bid if their C and D bid out of 4-F and 4-E. Florida State can create 1 open bid if their C and D bid out of 4-F and 4-E. Michigan State can create 1 open bid if their A and C bid out of 4-C and 4-H. Macalester can create 1 open bid if their B and C bid out of 4-G and 4-H.Rhodes B and C have yet to be reassigned, but if both bid, that would create 1 open bid.

By my count, that means 20 additional open bids can be created this weekend. That would lead to a total of 41 open bids, a number last reached in 2019 when AMTA expanded the number of ORCS. Please let me know if there are any open bids I missed or if I miscounted.

Last edited by TheRealMockProdigy on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
adamsel

Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:23 am
I believe Macalester B/C could create a bid from 4-G/4H if both advance

TheRealMockProdigy likes this post

TheRealMockProdigy

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:23 am
Good catch, will edit the post to add them.
TheRealMockProdigy

Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:19 pm
This past weekend saw 9 open bids created. Texas C, Wesleyan A, Chicago A, Chicago B, Mizzou B, UCLA B, FSU D, and Georgia A created 8 open bids combined. Notre Dame B and C bidding out created 1 additional open bid. This brings the total number of open bids to 30.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum