Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
View user profile

Any predictions for teams that will make it to Nats who we haven’t seen recently? Empty Any predictions for teams that will make it to Nats who we haven’t seen recently?

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:11 pm
Title. Wondering who the dark horses of ORCS this year could turn out to be.
View user profile

Any predictions for teams that will make it to Nats who we haven’t seen recently? Empty Re: Any predictions for teams that will make it to Nats who we haven’t seen recently?

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
bruh... we're not even at regionals
fraternelle
View user profile

Any predictions for teams that will make it to Nats who we haven’t seen recently? Empty Re: Any predictions for teams that will make it to Nats who we haven’t seen recently?

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:05 pm
I have the feeling that some of the teams popping out of the Fresno and Arizona Regionals will be surprising. A lot of traditionally strong contenders don't appear as dominant as they normally are, but I think-- more importantly-- the quality of competition is increasing out here. I can't even imagine guessing who's going to make Nationals with ORCS shaping up to be a clusterfuck.
View user profile

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:55 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@fraternelle who from Fresno/Arizona are you talking about? All of the teams that I could see surprising their way to Nats are in Claremont and SD lol. I feel like both Fresno and Arizona have very clear top 2/3 that all have good shots at getting to Nats (Stanford A/B and Irvine B for Fresno and UCLA B/San Diego A for Tempe) and the last few spots are extremely close between like 6-7 teams

i.e. I think besides the nationals returners, Irvine A, Pomona A, SB A, ASU A, USC A even potentially SLO A could be surprises. But they're all Claremont and SD
fraternelle
View user profile

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am
@adamsel

Yeah, I don’t have any fancy stats. I looked at some tab summaries to see if I can pull an argument that is better than “I’m a West Coast mocker and after competing against some of these teams... the vibes are off” but... the vibes are just off. I’m so sorry.
GameCockMock
View user profile

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:24 pm
Delaware and Maryland College Park have both had some pretty impressive invitational seasons despite not making ORCS last year. Delaware won at La Salle and Fordham, plus 3rd place at Elizabethtown, 4th at UMBC, and an HM at Drexel. Maryland won at Rutgers, and it seems like they also had the best record/CS at UPenn despite not being listed in the team placement section? Both have had middling results at the only "top-tier" invitationals they've attended, but that shows they should manage at least middle of the pack at ORCS. Both have been successful at Nationals in the more distant past, so there may be some institutional memory leftover to help ease the jump.

As far as wild speculation goes about teams ranked well outside the Top 100, these 2 seem the most promising.
View user profile

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Southern Methodist University won UPenn. Another team who has had an impressive invitational season.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum