Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time

+4
fraternelle
adamsel
Sir Mocksalot
WaltzingwithBashir
8 posters
Go down
WaltzingwithBashir

AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time Empty AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:38 pm
Message reputation : 0% (3 votes)
Which team holds the record for biggest single round loss and worst point differential in a regional tournament in the last ten years?
Sir Mocksalot

AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time Empty Re: AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:47 pm
I am doing this from memory, so I maybe be slightly off on some of the details but in 2011 or 2012, Georgetown had a round with a +48, -1 split that kept them from advancing to ORCS. The +48 is probably the highest single ballot PD I have seen.
WaltzingwithBashir

AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time Empty Re: AMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:08 pm
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
So the worst single round score was Campbell University losing to Georgetown -76 and -64 in 2016. Campbell didn’t set the record for worst overall point differential however. Campbell’s point differential was -276.
adamsel

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:17 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
I compiled a list of the top 10 in 2019. If I have more time, I'll do it for the past 10 year, but that's only if I get really bored. I sorted based off total PD in the round, not biggest ballot lossAMTA Trivia Question: Worst Regionals Performance of All Time Screen10
fraternelle
fraternelle

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 pm
That deep breath before looking to see if your team name is on adamsel's list.... there is always this year (to lose by 40+)
Birch

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:04 pm
So looking at the West (because I'm a West Coast Mocker and that's all I care about), here are the most outlier rounds in each tournament last year:

Claremont 2019
-Biggest Win/Loss (by total):
----Winner: Redlands B (Record 2-6)
----Loser: CSU LA (Record: 1-7)
----Score: 35/39 (Total loss, 74)
-Biggest Single-Ballot Score:
----Winner: Redlands A (4-3-1)
----Loser: Chaffey CC (1-6-1)
----Score: 1/49
-Biggest judge disagreement was the same round as biggest ballot. Diff 48

Fresno 2019
----Winner: UC Santa Cruz A (3-4-1)
----Loser: U San Fran B (0-7-1)
----Score: 26/33 (Total loss, 59)
-Biggest Single-Ballot Score
----Winner: Santa Clara (3-5)
----Loser: U San Fran A (2-6)
----Score: 37/19
-Biggest Judge Disagreement
----Winner: UC Santa Barbara A (8-0)
----Loser: UC Davis B (5-2-1)
----Score: 4/25 (21-point disagreement)

Tempe 2019
----Winner: USC A (6-1-1)
----Loser: San Diego State (2-6)
----Score: 42/29
-Biggest Single-Ballot Score is the same round as biggest Win/Loss
-Biggest Judge Disagreement
----Winner: UC Irvine C (3-5)
----Loser: UC Riverside A (3-5)
----Score: 29/10 (19-point difference)

Santa Monica ORCS 2019
----Winner: UCLA A (8-0)
----Loser: Reed College A (1-6-1)
----Score: 45/15 (Total loss, 60)
-Biggest Single-Ballot Score, same round (45)
-Biggest Judge Disagreement, same round (30-point difference)

//edited with spaces to make it easier to read

Unshockingly, the massive and mixed-skill Claremont tournament had all of the biggest West Coast outliers. Biggest loss of 74 points over both ballots, with a biggest single ballot score of 49 and a biggest judge disagreement of 48 points to the point of one judge being in spitting distance of a split.
dannydawsonsBAC

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:03 pm
Miami just went +62 +56 against Harris-Stowe State at Indianapolis regionals. Has to be up there
TheRealMockProdigy

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:36 pm
Tennessee Chattanooga B just beat Berry College by 73 and 42. Largest ballot differential I've ever seen, and the largest total differential too.
RockAnalysisIsMyDrug
RockAnalysisIsMyDrug

Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:09 am
PD is judge sensitive Imo. Was in one of those 2019 rounds and it could've just as easily been a +5 or +10. We just had two judges that liked to use the full range.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum