Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Calimocker123

National's Divisions? Empty National's Divisions?

Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:28 pm
Initial thoughts on the nationals divisions? Division 1 seems tougher than division 2 at first glance
epicrewind

National's Divisions? Empty Re: National's Divisions?

Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:37 pm
I ran the numbers using AMTA's TPR (I recognize its limitations -- take it for what you will) and here's the results. Division 1 has an average TPR of 48 and a median TPR of 35.5. Division 2 has an average TPR of 51 and a median TPR of 37. The numbers say they're about equal, but I'd agree that Division 1 looks tougher.
epicrewind

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:31 pm
Here's the data along with some other useful info if people want to look at it for themselves.
Attachments
National's Divisions? Attachment
Nationals TPR.xlsx Here's the data along with some other useful info if people want to look at it for themselvesYou don't have permission to download attachments.(19 Kb) Downloaded 40 times
adamsel

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:42 pm
The problem with doing it by TPR is that it seems like all of the over performing teams are in the A division. For example, all 4 teams that went 11-1 at ORCS are in division 1. The top 3 teams in both GCF divisions (top 6 overall) are in division 1. In addition two of the "top teams" in division two got their bid by their B teams (Stanford and Michigan) so depending on which team they send, they might not be as high as their TPR suggests.
Calimocker123

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:21 pm
^^^ I noticed that as well. All four teams who earned 11 wins are in division one. Unclear about Michigan and Stanford situation but I do agree, if those B teams are sent, the division becomes even weaker.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum