Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HereHaveSomeData

2024-25 TPR Empty 2024-25 TPR

Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
With school out and Rookie Rumble almost here, I'm sure all you mock nerds are looking for your fix of this activity that has consumed our lives. Fear no more, because I had the same feeling too and decided to do unnecessary math to make next year's TPR. Feel free to take a look and be wowed at all the changes that this past year caused. I tried to match AMTA's formatting from previous years, but it's hard to, because they seem to use Excel, and I'm too broke for that. That doesn't matter, though because all that we care about are the numbers!

As a warning, the official TPR sheets seem to use a multiplier of 0.667 or 0.6667 for adjusted ballots (or might just have weird rounding rules), but I used 2/3 instead. This means what's linked might be slightly off what the next TPR sheet is revealed as (though I think it's more right). Regardless, it's super easy to correct if you want to attempt it, or, if there's enough demand, I might take a crack at predicting the next sheet and posting it myself.

Of course, I'm only human and there are probably a civil (as opposed to criminal) amount of mistakes in here, so please leave a comment on the sheet or publicly call me out here if you notice something is off.

Lastly, I'm thinking about keeping this whole "data sharing" thing going. I usually compile data like this throughout the year, and although I've mostly kept it to myself, I don't see why I can't spread the love next season. If people seem to like this, I think I'll try to post more of my spreadsheets. Let me know if there is anything specific that you would like to see this next year, because I'm probably already planning on making whatever it is anyway.

Hope you enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ak_GAJBCbwJjlVRoVv5ipE9aNCdBeWGJNkYGGEoOM60/edit?usp=sharing
HereHaveSomeData

2024-25 TPR Empty Re: 2024-25 TPR

Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:20 pm
With the Board of Directors meeting came the passage of motion TAB-01, which amended AMTA rule 12.10(4) to get rid of the previous TPR tiebreaking procedure. As a result, there are a LOT more ties in the TPR than my earlier sheet had listed (over 72% of ranked teams are now tied!). I've updated the sheet to reflect this rule change, as well as left the sheet with the old rules on the second page, so schools can still have their bragging rights.

Bon Appétit!
jinri

Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:42 am
Hi, thank you so much for doing this. I noticed 2 errors--first, UChicago B went 5-6-1 at NCT this year. The Bradwell tab summary was initially wrong about the R4 final results between GT A and UChicago B thanks to the CIC ruling. The other mistake is the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. They went 5-3 at ORCS in 2023 (I believe in Columbus?)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum