Impeachments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mock-SPAN

Meet Mock-SPAN Empty Meet Mock-SPAN

Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:22 pm
Meet Mock-SPAN, your source for all data, all the time. We provide unvarnished data for people who love mock analysis but hate drama. Whether you're hoping to get a feel for the competition at a Regional or wanting to understand the larger AMTA community, we are here for you! Our spreadsheets of the data for Weeks 1 and 2 of Regionals are out now! Contact us at any time through Instagram (@mockspan) or email (mockspan411@gmail.com) with your questions, contributions, or corrections. We look forward to sharing our love for mock trial data with all of you!
https://linktr.ee/mockspan

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Mock-SPAN
All data, all the time
MockTrialinMyCityYeahhhh

Meet Mock-SPAN Empty Re: Meet Mock-SPAN

Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:18 am
Hi!

First, I want to say I think this is an amazing resource that is incredibly helpful for people about to compete at regionals.

However, I did have a question for you all regarding the usefulness of this tool. Is there a more accurate predictor for C & D teams than fall invites? In my mind, it may be partially misleading to say that Maryland C or D won CUBAIT and went 7-1 when it was most likely not a stacked C or D team. If you are looking to keep the same format, perhaps it would be more helpful to list the previous regional results for programs that have C & D teams. Obviously a lot can change from one year to the next, however I feel it is more reliable than using split stacked data or stacked data when describing the historic records of teams. This isn't me saying that a D team from a program is not capable of a strong result, however if an A team places at GAMTI it may be misleading for readers to see that placement under their C or D team.

If you are opening to releasing additional analysis, I think I would find it super helpful if you release data by school and list what regionals each school is attending! I think that would be a really helpful tool that will also make it a lot easier to research fall invitational results.
Mock-SPAN

Meet Mock-SPAN Empty RE: MockTrialInMyCityYeahhhh

Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:32 pm
Hi there!
Thank you for your kind words! We’re thrilled so many people are engaging with us and using our spreadsheets.
Your question is one we asked ourselves a lot before we published our first sets of data. Unfortunately, as you’ve pointed out, they aren’t perfect. Our current system works best to show how well a school as a whole has been performing, but it doesn’t specify which team got which record. We’ve struggled to identify a solution to this problem; right now, the only way for us to have accurate data about team composition and stacking is for members of the programs to reach out to us and explain. Your suggestion to add previous regional data is a good one! We’ll start working on a way to integrate that into our current system.
We’d be more than happy to release additional analyses. Data is our thing, after all! We think we understand your idea, but we’d love to see your vision. Our goal is to help y’all process the data, so if you’d be willing, we’d love to see an idea of what your spreadsheet format would look like! Feel free to send us a doodle, a more detailed breakdown of your idea, or a spreadsheet design. Alternatively, we’d be happy to collaborate with you on a shared sheet if you want to work together!
Thank you again for your thoughts! We’re excited to hear from you.

- - - - - - - -
Mock-SPAN
All data, all the time
Sponsored content

Meet Mock-SPAN Empty Re: Meet Mock-SPAN

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum